randomness…feed your mind and your blog
week of May 6: At the Movies
1. Do you like going to the movie threater? How often do you go? What treats do you buy when you go?
Brad and I looooove going to the movies – many of our dates in the first few years we dated revolved around films. We don’t go so much anymore since it’s not really in the budget, but we definitely go whenever we can and whenever there’s a movie we would love to see in theatre. What treats? We’re generally partial to the nachos and cheese, although we both enjoy popcorn as well. We usually buy a pop too.
2. Cell phones in the theater, do you keep yours on or off?
Off. We’re pretty serious about our movies and would hate to have one interrupted.
3. What’s the last movie you went to see in the theater?
Spiderman III – yesterday!
4. Have you ever waited on line for an obscene amount of time (several hours) just to get tickets to a movie? Also, have you ever dressed up as a film character…..i.e. a hobbit, a witch or wizard…while watching a movie?
Ummm … I have probably waited between 1 – 2 hours for movie tickets … we’ve also lined up several hours before a movie starts so we can get the best seats in the house. While I have not dressed up as a film character, I was known in my younger days to dress themed ie. going to see Star Wars Episode One wearing my jeans with Star Wars patches and my Star Wars shirt, etc. =)
5. What do you like most and least about going to the movies?
Most? It’s BIIIIG and the sound is great. There’s just something in going to see a movie at the theatre.
Least? People talking – I want to throw things at them =) Also, the commercials!! I love seeing previews (the ones yesterday were great! Pirates of the Carribean 3, Shrek 3, The Bourne Ultimatum, ummmm … the one about the surfing penguins …), but I truly hate seeing car commercials and stuff. We don’t have television for a reason =)
6. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Why?
Hmmm … at the movies? Dude Where’s My Car … momentary lapse of judgement at age 16, what a waste of money! On video? That horrible movie with that washed-up actor about a cave and the thing in it … I think it had Tara Reid in it? It’s so bad I can’t even remember what it’s called. Oh. And also The Secret. And also Sin City – which we turned off after 10 minutes or so.
till next time…