week of July 8: Vacationing
I’ll be going on vacation next week, so that inspires this weeks meme:
1. What is your favorite vacation spot? Hmmm … I’m not sure I’ve been on enough “vacations” to say. It depends on what type of vacation it is – sight-seeing or relaxing. For relaxing, Mexico was FABULOUS. For sight-seeing, Europe all the way!
2. Would you rather drive or fly? I heart flying. It depends where it is though, and how long I’ve got, I think. If Brad and I were going to BC, for example, and we had a few weeks, I’d love to drive. I truly enjoy car trips =)
3. Have you ever been on a cruise? Would you want to go on one? Nope, I’ve never been on a cruise, and I’m not entirely sure I’d ever want to. The titanic thing kinda gives me the heebie jeebies.
4. What has been your best/worst vacation? Best – Mexico/Europe. Worst – ummm … I don’t think I’ve ever been on a bad one!
5. How long do you think is long enough for a vacation? At least a week. Our honeymoon was great, though, and it was only 2 days =)
6. Do you spend alot of money while on vacation? I like to think I don’t. No, I don’t think so. Do you buy alot of souvenieres? We generally buy one thing to remember the vacation by. ie. honeymoon – we bought some beautiful coasters (you need to see them to understand), Mexico – we bought a Mayan-made chess set, etc. What’s the coolest one you’ve gotten? Hmmm … I think the chess set! We need to set it up and put it on display though! (as an aside, I used to collect shot glasses and had one from tonnes of places!! I don’t know where they are now, though, I haven’t seen them since we moved from Port Dover!)
7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? The South of France. Or Italy.
till next time…