I can’t believe how close it’s getting now! 99% of babies born at this point survive without ANY major problems – wuhoo! June Bug’s central nervous system is developing, his/her digestive system maturation is almost complete, and the lungs are usually fully mature. He/she weighs around 5.5 lbs (!!!) and is around 20 inches long from head to toe. June Bug likely won’t gain much length anymore, but will put on around a half-pound per week until delivery.
I got my new laundry detergent today – we’ve decided to use Claudia’s Choices, for the following reasons:
- It’s Canadian
- It contains no fillers, perfumes, stainguard chemicals, optical brighteners, dyes, fabric softeners, or phosphates
- It is biodegradable and completely eco-friendly
- It is rated as high-efficiency, meaning that if (when) we buy a front-loader, we can continue to use it
- It is recommended by Bummis for both baby clothes and cloth diapers, as it rinses clean and leaves no residue
- If you bring the container back to the retailer, you get $2 off your next purchase! Best. Idea. Ever.
I found a retailer about a half hour away, near where Crystle works, so she and her driver (lol) were able to pick me up a bucket! Next week I’m going to do all of June Bug’s laundry and get it all put away in the dresser so it’ll be ready whenever he/she decides it’s time to make his/her entrance! I can’t imagine having no clothes washed and for June Bug to come!! I also have to remember to wash the co-sleeper bottom sheet, any receiving blankets, and whatever sheets/towels/cloths we’ll be using for the delivery in it as well, I suppose! My goodness, my whole week is going to be filled with laundry! I’m just hoping I can figure out how to work the dryer, as I need it to prep the prefold diapers.
Heehee – I love my belly!