My baby girl is three months old.
Master Skill: hand play – check! All she does is play with her hands
Gross Motor Skills
- Stretches limbs out, freestyle movements – most definitely … she loves kicking on the playmat!
- Briefly weight bears on legs – Gwen LOVES doing this, and is starting to do it longer and longer!
- Holds head steady – oh yeah … I’m thinking about breaking out the Jolly Jumper
- Rolls from back to side – especially at night when she’s hungry =)
Hand Skills and Self-Help – Gwen does all of these things … it’s especially fun to see her grab and hold onto stuff … we say she’s got a case of the grabs!
- Hands open and inviting
- Makes swiping reaches/karate chops
- Holds and shakes rattle for longer
- Grabs clothing
- Sucks fingers and fist
- Plays with hands midline
Language and Social Skills – I remember when all I wanted was for Gwen to make noises other than grunting and crying. She’s definitely come a long way!
- Draws out vowels
- Begins to laugh – not yet … I’m excited for it, though!
- Makes louder sounds; screeches – she always looks surprised when she does this!
- Cries differently for different needs – she definitely has some different cries, but I’m still figuring them out
- Learns cause/effect
- Learns she can cause people to react by her “language”
Gwen does the following listed in different months:
- Displays accurate tracking (fourth month)
- Lifts head 90 degrees (on tummy, yes), rests on elbows (fourth month)
- Rolls from tummy to back (fifth month … although she doesn’t do it consistently!)
- Explores clothing (fourth month)
- Grabs at feet/toes (sixth month)
I love looking forward at the things she’ll soon be doing! Babies are fun!
And for your viewing pleasure: